Site - header
(Open)Micka tool is a set of libraries and a web application for management and discovery of geospatial (meta)data. It is being offered in two licensing versions. OpenMicka is freely available while Micka is a commercial tool...
(Open)Micka tool is a set of libraries and a web application for management and discovery of geospatial (meta)data. It is being offered in two licensing versions. OpenMicka is freely available while Micka is a commercial tool. The designation (Open)Micka is used hereinafter for features similar to both licensing versions. Commercial version of Micka is also available free of charge for the duration of the Polirural project. (Open)Micka provides back-end as well as front-end modular solutions. The full documentation as well as source codes to both versions is stored at https://github.com/hsrs-cz/Micka.
The following integration modes could be identified regarding the deployment schema:
Loose integration: (Open)Micka acts only as a back-end solution that powers the front-end platform/system. Technically, integration is in a form of basic web publication, i.e. a front-end entity receives HTML code (searching results), CSS (formatting) and images (map depicting a spatial extent of the results). All the processing is being performed at (Open)Micka server side.
Mixed integration: an option derived from the loose integration. (Open)Micka remains a back-end solution, however provides additional web services intended for integration to the defined platform/system. More specifically, highly customizable JSON-based interface supporting OpenSearch is available together with the standardized interface called Catalogue Service for Web as defined by the Open Geospatial Consortium with ISO application profile and supported technical modifications as defined by the INSPIRE directive (2007/2/EC).
Polirural’s catalogue follows the third integration mode, i.e. a mixed integration as it provides state-of-the-art functionality as well as offers further customisations and developments.
From the technical point of view, (Open)Micka could be integrated to any platform and/or system through Web services as far as the following requirements are met:
- any web server with mod_rewrite enabled,
- PHP 5.6.x with XSL extension,
- PostgreSQL >= 9.2,
- Composer (https://getcomposer.org/) - for installation of some components.
Open Micka is a web application for management and discovery geospatial metadata.
- OGC Catalogue service (CSW 2.0.2)
- Transactions and harvesting
- Metadata editor
- Multilingual user interface
- ISO AP 1.0 profile
- Feature catalogue (ISO 19110)
- Interactive metadata profiles - management
- WFS/Gazetteer for defining metadata - extent
- GEMET thesaurus built-in client
- INSPIRE registry built-in client
- INSPIRE ATOM download service - automatically creation from metadata
- Linked data support
- Additional CSW output formats
- GeoDCAT, RDF-XML, RDFa
- RSS channel
- Additional queryables
- INSPIRE compliant
- Built-in INSPIRE or user defined - metadata validator
- Other tools (e.g. service availability)